Our puppies are released to their new homes on an individual basis depending on how well they are doing, eating on their own and their reaction to their first set of shots. Generally, they should be able to go home around 8 weeks of age.
Our puppies will receive an initial vaccination and veterinary exam prior to going home around 7-8 weeks. Usually a second set of shots should be given between 11-12 weeks and another set at 15-16 weeks. Buyers should talk to their veterinarians and set up a continuation program. An annual booster will be required after 12 months of age. Our puppies are also wormed several times prior to going home (2, 4, 6, 8 weeks). We use Iverhart, a once a month oral pill, to control Heartworm and other internal parasites. This can be started around 8 weeks of age.
PUPPY BUYER REQUIREMENTS:
1. All buyers are required to complete a QUESTIONNAIRE before purchasing one of our puppies. We want to gather some background information on our puppy buyers to ensure the right match is made before our puppies go to their forever homes!
2. We ask that all our buyers DO RESEARCH on the Siberian Husky breed as they are not for everyone. There are many websites on the internet that offer excellent information on the breed such as the American Kennel Club and Siberian Husky Club of America.
3. We require all our buyers to have aFENCED IN YARD that is secure so that their Siberian Husky can get adequate exercise in a safe and secure environment.
4. OBEDIENCE CLASSES are strongly recommended. We encourage our buyers to take the time to enroll in an obedience class at a local all breed training club. We can be of assistance in finding one in your area. Obedience training will prove to be highly rewarding and will help tremendously in the rearing of your puppy and to teach him or her to be a productive family member!
5. We would LOVE for our puppy buyers to keep in contact with us! Nothing can be more rewarding than watching our puppies grow. We also encourage our buyers to contact us at any time with any questions they may have about their puppy like feeding, grooming or it's family history.